TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF KHAIRAT KEMATIAN
This free Khairat Kematian benefit (“Benefit”) terms and conditions shall be read together with all the terms and conditions related to it.
Duration of Program
This Benefit is extended from 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2021 and has been effective from 1st April 2020 onwards.
- This Benefit shall be applicable for new and existing subscribers (hereinafter referred to as “Subscribers”) as follows:
- existing Subscribers registered before 31st March 2020 is entitled to this Benefit regardless of the current age restriction subject to subscriptions of Hi-35, M6, TUNEUNL or M10 plan for six (6) consecutive months; and
- Subscribers registered on or after 1st April 2020 subscribing to Hi-35, M6, TUNEUNL or M10 Plan for 6 consecutive months, shall be subjected to the new age restriction below.
- This Benefit shall be applicable for Subscribers between 18 to 60 years old, with an exclusion for Subscribers mentioned in Clause 1 (a) above. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Subscriber registered before 60 years old and the incident happened at the age of 63, the Benefit entitlement remains as long as the Subscriber meets the requirements.
- Subscribers with multiple accounts (MSISDN) in Halo Telco will have to maintain a subscription of Hi-35, M6, TuneUNL or M10 every month after the cooling period in any one (1) single MSISDN in order to be eligible for this Benefit.
- This Benefit can be categorized as follows:
- Subscribers who maintain a six (6) month consecutive subscription of either a Hi-35, M6 and TUNEUNL plan are eligible for RM800 claim only.
- Subscribers who continuously subscribe to the M10 plan for six (6) consecutive months are eligible for a total claim of RM1,200.
- A cooling-off period applies whereby the Benefit will only apply after the six (6) consecutive month subscription period of Hi-35, M6, TuneUNL or M10 Plan. The total amount of claim payable will be subjected to the type of plans subscribed during the six (6) months period.
Example: Subscribe to Hi-35, M6, TUNEUNL or M10 Plan in October 2019, November 2019, December 2019, January 2020, February 2020 and March 2020 to be entitled to this Benefit in April 2020.
- Following the cooling-off period, Subscribers are still required to subscribe to Hi-35, M6, TUNEUNL or M10 Plan monthly.
- This Benefit commences and ends based on each calendar month. (Example: 1st April to 30th April).
- The Beneficiary named by the Subscriber shall be entitled to submit this Benefit claim upon the Subscriber’s death.
- This Benefit shall be made by the Beneficiary within sixty (60) days from the event of death by submitting the Claim Form to Halo Telco Customer Support. The claim will be processed by Halo Telco within thirty (30) days from the date of the claim form submitted.
- In the event of demise, this entitlement will be disbursed to the beneficiary as named by the deceased Subscriber. In the event that no beneficiary is named by the Subscriber, this entitlement will be disbursed to the Subscriber’s spouse, children or nearest next of kin. All Subscribers are encouraged to update at least one (1) of their beneficiary details in the HaloGo Platforms.
- Each Subscriber is entitled to a single lifetime claim regardless of multiple accounts or MSISDN. In the event of more than one (1) claim form submitted, the claim will be entertained and approved according to a first come first serve basis.
- This Benefit will end upon a total aggregated amount claimed of RM200,000 or 31st December 2021, whichever comes first.
- Halo Telco reserves the right to reject any claims submitted with inaccurate, false or incorrect information of which they claim will be null and void.
- Halo Telco reserves the right to withdraw, amend, extend, or delete any parts of these terms and conditions whether wholly or partially, without prior notice.
- All decisions made by Halo Telco is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
This Benefit does not protect deaths caused directly or indirectly by:
- Wars, attacks, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil wars, rebellions, revolutions, revolutions or plundering, strikes, riots, civil unrest, military uprisings or public assemblies in which the member directly or indirectly participate in any of these activities.
- Suicide (either in a sane state) or any attempt by the Subscriber.
- Any conduct that violates the Civil or Shariah Laws.
- Misuse of substances, alcohol and/or drugs.
- Bacterial or Viral Infections, Diseases and Malaria, AIDS, STD. An exemption may be applied at the discretion of the situation.
FAQ: KHAIRAT KEMATIAN BENEFIT
How do I make a claim under this Benefit?
- Download the Khairat Kematian Claim Form made available on HaloGo platforms.
- Fill in the Claim Form (whether manually or digitally using PDF).
- Attach supporting documents and sign the Claim Form.
- Compile the completed Claim Form with the supporting documents and submit it via email to Customer Support at email@example.com with the subject: Khairat Kematian Claim Form.
How much is the Benefit claim payable?
There are two scenarios for the amount of claim payable under this Benefit.
- The beneficiary will be entitled to claim an amount of RM800 upon Subscriber’s death if the Subscriber subscribes either with a Hi-35, M6 or TuneUNL Plan for six consecutive months.
January (M10), February (M10), March (M6), April (TUNEUNL), May (M6), and June (M10).
Total Benefit payable = RM 800.
*During the 6 consecutive months when there are M6 subscriptions made, the total Benefit payable in the event of the Subscriber’s death will follow the M6 Plan rate which is RM800.
- The beneficiary will be entitled to claim an amount of RM1200 upon Subscriber’s death if the Subscriber continuously subscribes to M10 Plan for six (6) consecutive months.
January (M10), February (M10), March (M10), April (M10), May (M10), and June (M10).
Total Benefit payable = RM1,200.
*During the 6 consecutive months with all M10 Plan subscriptions, the total payable in the event of the Subscriber’s death will follow the M10 Plan rate which is RM1,200.
Is there any time limitation as to when the claim should be submitted?
Yes, the Beneficiary must submit the Claim Form within 60 days from the event of death.
How long does it take to process my application?
Halo Telco will process your submitted and completed Claim Form within 30 days from the date of the Claim Form submitted.
How many times do I get to claim this Benefit?
Each Subscriber will only be entitled to one claim regardless of multiple Halo Telco accounts or MSISDN.
What is the age coverage for this Benefit?
If you are a Subscriber registered before 31st March 2020, you are eligible for this claim regardless of your age, subject to the subscription of plans requirement. If you are a Subscriber registered from 1st April 2020 onwards, you must be in between 18 to 60 years old at the time of registration was made to be eligible for this Benefit.