- Who is Halo Telco?
Halo Telco partners with one of the largest MVNO* in Malaysia to present to you the Prepaid SIM Card with the smallest price tag in Malaysia with the highest return, Hero Telco! Halo Telco is bringing to you the value and reward that have never happened within the industry in Malaysia.
- What is the difference between Tune Talk and Halo Telco?
Tune Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) offering ‘no-frills’ mobile prepaid services with the lowest calling rates around.
Halo Telco is partner with Tune Talk to provide not only lowest calling rates and awesome data plan, we even pay you back when you use the service. To know more, head to the nearest Concept Store, Mini Store, Truck Store, any of our agents or contact customer service @ 011-5050 5020
- What is the difference between Halotelco and HALOTELCO2 tariff?
The difference is in Video Streaming, others quota and charges remain the same.
Halotelco – Video Streaming 40GB/month with no speed cap
HALOTELCO2 – Video Streaming limited to 2GB/day with speed cap
4. Can I change my tariff from Halotelco to HALOTELCO2?
Yes, you just need to email to email@example.com
Once you switch to HALOTELCO2 tariff you are not allow to switch back to Halotelco tariff.
- What partner packages do Halo Telco offer?
In Halo Telco, we not just a SIM Card business, you can start you journey as:
- a) User
- b) Executive Partner
- c) Truck Store Partner
- d) Concept Store Partner
- What are the benefits in joining Halo Telco?
- a) For User, you will have no extra start-up cost and get to enjoy referral incentive and traffic incentive up to 6%.
- b) For Executive Partner, your start-up cost is as low as RM80 and you will get our Halo Telco system, sales and marketing guide, POSM & sales kit, partner T-Shirt, referral and traffic incentive up to 16%.
- c) For Truck Store Partner, you will get our Halo Telco system, sales and marketing guide, POSM & sales kit, T-Shirt, SIM Stock, Renovation / Design / Wrapping / Utilities, and multiple add on option to be choose. Other than that, you will also get to enjoy all the incentive that up to 20%
- d) For Concept Store, you will get our Halo Telco system, sales and marketing guide, POSM & sales kit, T-Shirt, SIM Stock, renovation, interior designing, signboard, furniture, electrical, and multiple add on option to be choose. Other than that, you will also get to enjoy all the incentive that up to 21.5%
HALO TELCO SIM CARD
- What are the basic call rate for Halo Telco to other network?
*Local voice calls are charged at blocks of 60 seconds.
- How is the top up credit validity works?
Top up credit validity are based on which larger value of denomination, not accumulation. Validity take effect upon reload activation
RM10 x 10times within the same day= 10 days
RM100 x 1 = 100days
RM20 x 1 time and RM30 x 1 time within the same day = 30 days
RM50 x 1 = 50days
- Validity of plan subscribed is different from validity of top up?
Yes, for example if the data plan that you subscribe is expiry in 30/1/2020 but the account validity is valid 13/1/2020, your account will be in grace period until the next top up.
- How do I top up my Halo Telco Account?
You can top up via:
Top Up card (e-pay scratch cards)
Halo Go Mobile App
Convenience Stores (e.g. 7-Eleven, MyNews)
Online e-commerce sites (Lazada, 11 street, etc.)
And many more
Physical Top Up Vouchers
Top Up cards are sold at thousands of retail locations and our authorised dealers across Malaysia. You can choose from RM5, RM10, RM30 and RM50 Top Up cards. You can activate the 16 digit voucher PIN by accessing Tune Talk’s IVR or USSD menu.
For Mobile App:
Click on the (+) icon on the bottom right
Click on Top Up
Enter your 16-digit PIN
Enter number 2 to select Top Up
Enter number 1 to select “Input Voucher”
Enter 16 digits voucher PIN
Your new balance and validity period will be displayed upon successful top up
Dial *122*<16 digits PIN>#
Your new balance and validity period will be displayed once your top up is successful
To top up your account via credit card, just login to your Self Care account and do the following:
Dial *122*<16-digit top-up PIN># and press send.
Call our IVR at 13101, select option 2, then option 2 again and follow the instructions of the voice prompt.
When you top up before your credit expires:
Your previous balance is added to the new Top Up value
The later expiry date is valid for the entire amount
MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY
- What is Mobile Number Portibility (MNP)?
MNP allows you to change network service providers without losing your number. That means you can keep your mobile number even if you switch services.
- How can I MNP to Halo Telco?
You can go to the nearest concept store, mini store, truck store or look for our authorise dealers for further enquiry and MNP.
- How do I check if I submitted the right NRIC number?
You can check if your NRIC is correctly registered with your current Service Provide by sending a text message via SMS to the following (note: there should be no spaces or special characters in the ID field):
For Celcom: CHECK <space> <ID> <space> NRIC send to 22099
For DiGi: CHECKID <space> <ID> send to 2000
For Maxis: <ID> send to 22011
For U-Mobile: <ID> and send to 28011
- How long will the MNP process take?
The process itself shouldn’t take more than 24 hours (Mondays to Saturdays) depending on how fast your original service provider works. MNP requests made / submitted on Sundays and public holidays will only be processed on the next working day.
- Are there any chances of missing a call or a text message while the MNP process is happening?
We would recommend keeping both your (soon-to-be) old number and Halo Telco SIM active so you won’t miss anything. Once the process is complete, your old SIM card will be deactivated and you can start using your old number with your new Halo Telco service.
WHAT IS THE APPS FOR CHATS, SOCIAL & MUSICS?
*All Unlimited Passes above are applicable for selected data plans in accordance with the respective prices & validity.
- Unlimited Chat pass is only applicable for text, images, videos, etc posted or viewed within the allowed app/web interfaces of eligible apps. However, shared links (articles, YouTube videos, items from other sources that are not within the list above), will utilize data quota from available data plans or basic internet (for those without data plans or freebies).
- All Voice calls or Video calls made within App interfaces with the exception of WhatsApp and WeChat will utilize quota from available data plans or basic internet (for those without data plans or freebies).
- Unlimited Social pass is only applicable for text, images, videos, etc posted or viewed within the allowed app/web interfaces of eligible apps. However, Voice calls, Video calls or shared links (articles, YouTube videos, items from other sources that are not within the list above), will utilize data quota from available data plans or basic internet (for those without data plans or freebies).
- Unlimited Music pass is applicable only for music or podcast streamed within the allowed app/web interfaces of eligible apps at normal quality. However externally shared links (articles, YouTube videos, items from other sources that are not within the list above), will utilize data quota from available data plans or basic internet (for those without data plans or freebies).
Unlimited Music – Spotify services including App or Web interfaces:
– Spotify Premium subscription is not included within the Unlimited Music pass. Alternatively, subscribers may use the Spotify Free version.
– Subscribers may experience degradation of streaming quality while listening to Spotify’s Free version due to the interruptions from advertisements which occur on the Free version. To enjoy better quality of music streaming subscriber should use the Spotify Premium version.
- Which data will be utilize first?
In the case of multiple active data plans and freebies, utilization will be based on below table:
From highest (1) to lowest priority (9) setting
Type of Data Plan
Example(s) / Description
Pre-registered SIM Data
Unlimited Data PASSES
RM1 Social Pass, Chat Pass (In M1)
2GB Data @ 100 points
Video Streaming Quota
Available with M6, M10
Data Plan Boosters
10GB @ RM10 Boosters (B10)
Weekly 2GB (W2), Monthly 10GB (M10)
Free Basic Internet
Available by default for Halo Telco packs
- What will happen if I have insufficient credit to renewal?
In the event that the Subscriber has insufficient balance to be auto-renewed, the subscription will be deactivated. To enjoy the data plan again Subscriber can top up and re-subscribe.
- How do I check the status or balance of my data plan quota?
To check the status or balance, you can SMS STATUS to 2222 or download HaloGo Application.
- What is the benefit of Halo Telco plan?
Halo Telco comes with Unlimited Passes (Chat, Social, Music) which has unlimited quota (for selected apps). In addition, Subscribers can enjoy Data Plans with even more video streaming quota and 10GB of Free Basic Internet by default. Halo Telco Plan (link to our plan)
- How does the video streaming quota for M6 and M10 monthly works?
A separate and daily allocation of 500MB or 2GB Video streaming quota will be automatically provisioned with any subscriptions to Halo Telco M6 and M10 plan.
Between 00.01am to 11:59pm daily, the Video Streaming quota stated above will be utilised first before the base data plan or basic internet (for those without data plans or freebies) for any streaming on Youtube and Netflix at respective content provider’s app or web platforms at Standard definition streaming.
- What happens if I have exhausted my video streaming quota within the same day?
Once Video Streaming quota is exhausted within the same day before the quota is refreshed, your continued Video Streaming shall be at mobile internet (MI) or Basic Internet (64kbps) speed (unless freebies are made available to you from time to time which will be utilized first).
- What is Halo Telco Data Roaming Pass?
Halo Telco Roaming Pass allows you to subscribe to internet and roam for abroad use.
- What does Halo Telco Data Roaming Passes offer?
3-Day Roaming Pass
1-Day Roaming Pass
50MB – 500MB
Allow Stack/Additional purchased
Over 100 countries
*click here to view country list
- What do I need to subscribe to 3-Day Data Roaming Pass?
- All Halo Telco subscribers under any tariff plans with AirAsia BIG ID, who are on Active Status and have sufficient balance
- Your Halo Telco Prepaid line has at least a basic mobile internet/data plan
- What is Roaming Advance Purchase (RAP)?
You may perform an ‘advance’/‘pre-subscribe’ the passes before you travel abroad. You may purchase multiple passes for multiple countries before you travel.
All RAP must be activated/utilized within 30 days from the date of subscription
Successful Data Roaming Passes will only be activated and displayed on the Halo Go App once you connect to eligible Halo Telco Roaming Partner Networks in the destination country
AIRTIME CREDIT TRNSFER (DOMESTIC)
- What is credit transfer?
Credit Transfer allows you to transfer your credits to other Tune Talk prepaid subscribers with the following conditions:
Credit can only be transferred if both Transferor and Transferee account status is active.
Credit can only be transferred between Tune Talk prepaid subscribers
- How to make a credit transfer?
Follow these simple steps:
Credit Transfer Via USSD
Dial *111# and press SEND
Enter 4 for Credit
Enter 2 for Transfer
Enter recipient number follow by * and RM3 or RM5 or RM10.
Example: 0105001234*3 and press SEND
A transaction fee of RM0.50 will be charged to both sender and recipient
Credit Transfer Via SMS
SMS [RM][amount][space][Mobile number] to 23232
For example: RM5 0105123456
- How to make a request of credit transfer?
SMS [RQ][amount][space][Mobile number] to 23232
For example: RQ5 0105123456
- How do I activate credit transfer?
No activation is required. By default, all active Halo Telco subscribers can carry out Credit Transfer.
- Why doesn’t my credit transfer go through?
There may be several reasons:
Your line may be barred because your airtime validity has expired. You will need to Top Up your credits in order make a Credit Transfer.
You may have keyed in a wrong Tune Talk number. Unfortunately, you will not be able to reverse the transfer.
- Is there a limit to credit transfer?
Yes, there is. A Minimum credit transferred RM1 and maximum RM10 per day with sufficient active balance.
- How to make a request of credit transfer?
SMS to 23232.
For example: RQ5 0105123456
- How much does the credit transfer service cost?
A transaction fee of RM0.50 per transfer for both sender and recipient applies.
AIRTIME CREDIT TRNSFER (INTERNATIONAL)
- What is international airtime credit transfer?
International Airtime Credit Transfer is a service that allows Tune Talk prepaid subscribers to transfer a small amount of prepaid credits to overseas prepaid mobiles accounts.
- To whom can I transfer the prepaid credits?
You may transfer the prepaid credits from your Halo Telco Prepaid mobile number to another prepaid mobile number overseas (Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam). Varies between both shortcodes.
- Can I transfer prepaid credits while I’m roaming in another country (International Roaming)?
No, is only available in Malaysia.
- What is the minimum balance required in my prepaid account for me to perform an international airtime credit transfer?
You can perform the International Airtime Credit Transfer as long as you have sufficient balance for the selected denomination.
- How much can I transfer?
You can transfer a maximum of RM100 per day.
- How much am I charged for the transfer?
You will only be charged for the denomination selected for the International Airtime Credit Transfer.
- Does the recipient receive the transfer in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) or Foreign Currency?
The denomination will be in foreign currency depending on the country. For example: when you transfer MYR5.00 to an Indonesian friend, he/she will receive it as IDR 5,000.
- Does sender receive confirmation when the international airtime credit transfer is successful?
Yes. Halo Telco Prepaid subscribers will receive a confirmation SMS when the recipient receives the credit. The SMS will display the amount (in MYR) deducted from sender’s credit balance and the foreign amount received by the recipient.
- Will there be any notification to the recipient’s when the amount has been successfully transferred?
Recipient will receive an SMS notification on the amount transferred over (in foreign currency).
- Can I send other denominations that are not listed?
No. You can only send according to the fixed denominations offered by Tune Talk.
- Is There Any Subscription Fee For This Service?
No subscription fee to use this service.
- How can I qualify to use this service?
You must be a Tune Talk prepaid subscriber. You must be in active state and have enough balance to purchase International Airtime Credit Transfer.
- I Have Credit Balance MYR10.00 Left But Validity Has Expired. Can I Still Send International Airtime Credit Transfer?
No, your line has to be in “active” state to enjoy this service.
- I Have Credit Balance MYR8.00 Left. Can I Purchase IDR10, 000=MYR7.00 International Airtime Credit Transfer?
Yes, there are no other hidden charges on top of the communicated amount.
- SMS sent for the service is Free?
All SMS send is FREE.
- Is this service opened to all Halo Telco prepaid rate plans?
Yes, All Halo Telco prepaid customers can use this service.
- How fast does my recipient get the airtime credited?
Within 5 minutes.
- What Happen If The Recipient Mobile Telephone Is Not Switch On When I Purchase The Airtime?
The recipient’s airtime balance will be increased (top-up) but the recipient might not receive the SMS notification. The sender will receive a successful SMS notification.
- What Happen If The Recipient Mobile Telephone Is Already Terminated When I Purchase The Airtime?
An invalid number message will be sent to the sender and the deducted amount will be refunded into the sender’s prepaid account.
- Is There A Limit To How Many Times I Can Purchase International Airtime Credit Transfer In A Single Day?
You can transfer a maximum of RM100 per day.
INTERNATIONAL DIRECT DIALING (IDD)
- How do I activate IDD?
The IDD service is already pre-activated for all Halo Telco SIMs. You can start enjoying our excellent IDD rates as soon as you activate your Halo Telco SIM.
- What are Halo Telco IDD rates?
You can view the rates here. (link to IDD page)
- How do I make an IDD call?
If you are making a call to an overseas mobile phone number, key in + (international access code) followed by (country code) and (mobile phone number with network prefix), then press Call.
Example: If you are calling a UK mobile phone number:
International Access Code from Malaysia: 00
UK Country Code: 44
Mobile phone number with network prefix: 077-87788778
You should dial: +00447787788778 and press Call
If you are making a call to a fixed overseas line, key in + (international access code) followed by (country code) and (fixed line number with network prefix), then press Call.
Example: If you are calling an Australian fixed line number:
International Access Code from Malaysia: 00
Australian Country Code: 61
Fixed line number with network prefix: 03-88881111
You should dial: +0061388881111 and press Call
If you are calling a Singaporean number, key in 02 (mobile / fixed line number), then press Call
Example: If you are calling the following Singapore mobile phone number: 97799779
Dial: 0297799779 and press Call.
HALO GO APPS
- What is the Login ID and password for user that key in by robot?
User that key in automatic into system by robot, your ID will be your last 8-digit of SIM serial number and password will be your NRIC number.
- How to change my Name and NRIC if there is incorrect information?
In order to change your name and NRIC detail in system, please make sure your detail is correct in Tune Talk system. If not, please contact with Tune Talk customer service. After changing in their system, please get back to us for internal changing.
- What is HaloGo App and how would it benefit me?
With the NEW HaloGo App, you can manage your HaloTelco account, business, incentive, self-care, purchase stock, marketing material and many more.
- What are the HaloGo app features?
Business – in business feature, you can now manage all and monitor all the status, stock, order and even register with it.
Incentive – view all your transaction and manage withdrawal.
Self-care – subscribe to plan, check quota balance, reload, and view freebies.
Purchase – manage your order, purchase stock, marketing material and merchandise items.
Toolkit – share your unique code, speed test, check network coverage and many more.
- How can I purchase stock in new HaloGo App?
Step 1: Go to “Purchase”
Step 2: Select “Halo Telco SIM Card”
Step 3: Select the amount you want to purchase, the press “Add To Cart”
Step 4: Go to Cart and process with payment.
Note – Other than Blank SIM, you can also choose and purchase various of merchandise, POSM material and e-top up as well.
- How to perform Incentive withdrawal and how long does it take?
In order to avoid unsuccessful bank transfer, please ensure your bank account holder name and ID No. are matched with your registered bank account. Otherwise please update your bank details before submit your withdrawal request.
Step 1: Go to “Incentive” then press “Withdrawal”
Step 2: Press the “+” button and fill in the amount for withdrawal.
Note – Minimum withdrawal amount is RM10.00
RM1.00 processing fee will be charged for each successful withdrawal. Request withdrawal cut off time is on every Wednesday 3:00pm. Processing day is on next working day of cut off day. If processing day falls on a Public Holiday, processing will be on next working day.
- What is the function of Toolkit?
In “TOOLKIT” you can get your referral link and share it widely, perform a speedtest, check Halo Telco network coverage and get flyer/brochure.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- Do I have to pay anything additional to receive this coverage?
It is absolutely FREE and the premium payment is borne by Halo Telco if you Top Up a minimum of RM50 monthly.
- When does the FREE PA insurance coverage begin?
Coverage commences on the following month upon meeting the minimum monthly Top Up of RM50 for the current month, subject to the 60 days cooling-off period from the date you activate your Halo Telco SIM. (Example: if your cumulative top up for the month of January is RM50 or more, you will receive the FREE PA Insurance coverage for the following month of February)
- What is the 60 days cooling-off period?
The 60 days cooling-off period is the excluded period for PA Insurance coverage for all newly activated Halo Telco number.
- When does the PA Insurance coverage for each month commence and end?
Coverage commences on the first day of the month and ends on the last day of the month. (Example: 1st January until 31st January)
- How old do I have to be in order to be eligible for the PA Insurance?
You have to be not less than 12 years old and not more than 65 years old to be eligible for the PA Insurance coverage.
- Can I claim my PA Insurance if I were involved in a motorcycle accident?
The PA Insurance does NOT cover subscribers who are engaged in riding or pillion riding on a motorcycle for any purpose.
- How do I nominate my beneficiary (Ies)?
Pursuant to Section 129 and Para 5 of Schedule 9 of Financial Services Act 2013, Malaysia, nominee (s) should be: spouse, child or parent (s), if there is no spouse or child at the time of making the nomination, the nominee is his parent. A nominee of a Muslim insured person upon receipt of policy moneys shall distribute the policy moneys in accordance with the Shariah Laws.
- What high risk occupation are not entitled for the Free PA Insurance coverage?
– Military and Law Enforcement
– Pilot and Aircrew
– Professional Sports
– Workers utilising wood-working machinery
– Please read through the exclusions in the policy here for a comprehensive list of occupations that are excluded from coverage
- What does the PA Insurance cover?
The policy covers Death and Total and Permanent Loss or Disablement (Total Paralysis) for RM50, 000.
- What if I have other insurance policies?
All benefits are paid in addition to and regardless of any other insurance policies you may have.
- What if I have more than one line registered under Halo Telco? Am I entitled to additional claims?
Even if you have multiple lines registered under Halo Telco, your coverage is limited to only one policy.
- What is the claim procedure?
Please contact Tune Protect Claims Handling Executive or Claims Assist at + 603-2087 9000 and they will immediately help you with all your claims enquiries or you can download the claim form here and fax it to + 603-2094 1366. All claims must be notified within 30 (thirty) days from the date of accident.
- Where can I find the exclusions and policy wording?
The exclusions and policy wording can be accessed and downloaded here. (https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/tunetalk-com/media/insurance/tunegrouppersonalaccidentpolicy-tune-talk.pdf)
- How does the 60 days cooling period work if I dint proceed with a reload for the following month?
The cooling period would start all over again you would need to wait for another 60 days to be eligible for the PA insurance.
- What high risk activities are not entitled for the Free PA Insurance coverage?
– Scuba Diving
– Martial Arts
– Racing (other than on foot)
– Ice Hockey
– Please read through the exclusions in the policy carefully here for a comprehensive list of activities that are excluded from coverage.